Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chapter 6 : Decisions

Captain’s Log


The days are blurring together again and I don’t know if they will ever be the same again. I no longer know what day it is or how long it’s been since I got here. I will have to start purely making updates based on major events that happen.


Leila is still very serious, she shows little emotion to me or her sisters, but she is doing well in school. On her sisters’ first day of school she even tried to engage them in a race to the school bus, but they chose to make the first impression of not being too eager to go to school (even though they secretly were).


With me gone to work and the older children off at school, Ruby suddenly had a lot less work to do. However now whenever an appliance broke, it was up to her to fix it before we got home. Often a few of us were not able to squeeze in showers before work/school (especially now that 4 of us have to get ready) so it can get pretty smelly when we all get back. Lucky for us, Ruby rose to the challenge even though this was her first time even attempting to fix something, she did a fairly good job of it too.


When I returned from work I had enough money from another promotion to add onto the house and get two new rooms in. No longer are we entering into a hall, we have a real living room that has become the entrance. Earlier when I had talked to the girls, Maria and Hilda said that instead of two smaller rooms, they would prefer a slightly larger one and share it. So they get their own room now and when Nelly grows into a child, she’ll share a room with Leila.


I’m rather proud that my once empty piece of land is turning into a proper house finally. It seems to have taken a long time and is nowhere near being complete, but it’s nice to know that we were able to do so much when we started with so little.


When the girls came back from school Leila was again her stoic self, Maria was excited about a new friend that she was making, and Hilda was anxious to just go home. She is the least friendly of the three and I don’t think she really enjoyed school all that much.


Even though Hilda was slightly ignored as a toddler, now Leila has finally taken an interest in her and I don’t think she really knows how to deal with it. They started talking soon after they got home and are slowly going to become friends. I think they started the day barely even knowing each other’s names.


Being ignored for probably the first time in her life, Maria seemed to not really know what to do with herself. She ended up sitting down near where Hilda and Leila were talking and pulling out her homework to work on it.


Soon enough though, Leila and Hilda took their socializing outside. When Hilda saw that we had a baseball, she begged Leila to play with her. They seemed to have a lot of fun playing together, Hilda especially. I think it might become her favorite activity.


Even though Ruby had fixed the shower earlier, the sink had also broken and she hadn’t gotten around to fixing that too, so I ended up fixing it for her. I didn’t mind though because I really need to work on my skills. With spending so much time taking care of my girls, I’ve really fallen behind on improving my skills for my job. I’m currently barely getting by with what I have and I know I’m going to really pick it up if I want to be able to get more promotions and reach my dream.


After an hour or two of playing, I made sure that Hilda and Leila sat down and did their homework. They may not have school for a few days, but that doesn’t mean they should start slacking. Leila wasn’t really happy about it because she wanted to go out and do something, she really doesn’t like to sit still.


However, even though Hilda is really active, she settled down to do her homework with out complaint. She’s a really smart girl and did amazingly well on her homework for it being her first time.


Ruby was off taking care of the baby when it was time for dinner. It worked out well though because even though there are five of us that can eat at the table, we only have a table that fits four of us. Of course since she wasn’t there to take care of us four it meant that we ended up eating cake. Recently I noticed that Hilda and Maria are looking a little chubby. That worries me because our diet so often consists of cake and I don’t think that it’s going to get any better any time soon.


The rest of the evening winded down slowly, the girls ended up playing by themselves and I read a book that my boss asked me to for a boost in my job performance.


Eventually the girls all went to bed and Ruby came out to eat some dinner. She decided to also eat cake because we bought it and if we don’t all eat it then it just goes to waste, and neither of us want that.


When we went to bed, we decided to try for a fifth baby again. Hopefully we were successful, I know that we are going to be having five children eventually and although the age gap between the first three is small, I don’t want the gap between the rest of them to get much bigger.


As soon as the sun rose, Hilda and Maria went outside and started playing with the baseball. I love Hilda’s enthusiasm with the game because it gets her to be with other people and socialize, something that I had started fearing she wouldn’t be able to do, but I really did not approve of their wear. The really should have put on some real clothes before going outside even though they were still on out property. I will definitely have to have a talk to them about that.


When Leila got up she was the first one to try out the new TV that we got yesterday. I know that all of us wanted some form of entertainment, but her eagerness to just sit and watch made me worry that it will take over our lives and we will lead lives that are too sedentary.


Once I got the girls into appropriate clothes, Maria and Leila started to hang out with each other. It was really fun to watch them just acting goofy together and having a good time together.


Hilda decided to also try out the TV, but instead of just sitting and watching it she wanted to watch the exercise program and follow it. She noticed that she was slightly chubbier than Leila and wanted to fix that. That and she didn’t want to just sit around. She really likes to move around and do things.


I took a much needed day off from the family and headed to a local fishing farm to work more on my fishing skill. It was the skill that I was the farthest behind on. It was nice to just stand there and fish for the day. I love my girls, but at the same time a guy can only take so much time around five females before he needs some time to himself.


When I got home, it was time for Leila to turn into a teen. I was really excited to see her grow up, but I know that once she’s a teen the guys will start coming over and even though we’ve grown apart over time, I still only want the best for her.


Leila leaned over the cake and blew out the candles, making a wish.


This was her first birthday that she was fully aware of what was happening. She looked amazed as the sparkles came out of her and she spun around to transform to the next stage of her life.


She grew up into an extremely inappropriate outfit. But she grew up really well with an A in school. After all that she has been through so far in her life she seems really confident now, almost as if nothing she will face in the future would scare her.


I told her that she needed to change her look before she could do anything else so she wandered over to the wardrobe and mirror and after her make-over she looks really amazing and beautiful. However, she still seems really emotionless around us. I really want to change that and crack open her shell and become best friends with her again.


After she finished her make-over, Ruby brought Nelly over to the second cake for her birthday. After blowing out the candle, Ruby placed Nelly on the floor so that she could transform into a toddler.


In a swirl of sparkles, Nelly turned into a really cute toddler. We were all rather tired so we put Nelly to bed right away and all of us headed to our beds.


Although the girls slept peacefully, I toss and turned as my mind was invaded by thoughts. Today, for some reason, I was really reminded of the life I had left behind. Watching Leila grow up I realized that I really want to go home and start a real life. One that won’t be over in just a few days. I don’t want to die here when I am so alone, away from my true family. I think I’ll redouble my efforts to gain the title of Robot Creature Cross-Breeder so I can start making my airship again and leave this place. But I don’t know what to do about the family I have created here. Maybe I’ll try to take them with me, those that are willing to go at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment